A Well Maintained Toilet is Vital to Clean Air Quality
There really is no way to delicately say this…
A toilet serves 2 important purposes:
Protect Air Quality
Of all plumbing repairs, this one is by far one the most important repairs that a licensed professional can be called upon to perform. It’s because “toilet problems” speak to the heart of plumbing: SANITATION. If not repaired properly, a toilet problem will quickly lead to other more serious problems. Even if you simply stop using the facility, that cannot guarantee that a potential health risk is eliminated. A “p-trap” is designed to stop the back-flow of waste gasses from flowing into your home. The water at the bottom acts the barrier between waste gasses and the air your breathe.
From the image you can see how the outlet gasses are literally “trapped” just prior to the elbow. You can also see from the image that a properly working toilet is vital to maintaining a healthy environment.
A properly functioning toilet is necessary to keep your home sanitary and to avoid minor issues becoming major, costly repairs. There are signals that indicate your toilet requires immediate attention before you are faced with an overflowing or leaking toilet that can damage your home. At Rocket Plumbing California, our licensed professional plumbers frequently service many common toilet repairs for a variety of problems, such as:
- Insufficient flushing power: If your toilet bowl is partially flushing, it may be time for a new flapper valve. However, if it’s sluggish in emptying, there may be a buildup of waste in the pipe that will eventually lead to a clog.
- Running or dripping water sound: If your toilet is running, it can mean there is an interior crack in the bowl or pipe, or it may indicate the rod attached to the floater or the column has broken.
- Leaking: If there is water leaking around the base of the toilet or from the tank, there may be a crack in the housing or bowl. However, leaking may also indicate that the wax ring around the base of the toilet has failed.
- Repeated clogs: If minor clogs are not thoroughly cleared, there will be buildup remaining in the pipes. Over time, you will notice it takes a lot less waste to clog your toilet and an increase in clogs due to the narrowing of the pipe.
- Overflowing toilet: This is the worst of all toilet problems as water spilling across your bathroom floor is unsanitary and can lead to major damage of your home. If your toilet is overflowing and won’t stop, turn off the water valve behind to the toilet and/or call Rocket Plumbing to schedule a prompt service call so that we may diagnose and effectively complete all necessary toilet repairs.
Many homeowners and business owners try to tackle toilet repairs on their own with little success. At Rocket Plumbing, we can assure you that our service is affordable and efficient, so you don’t have to worry about getting your hands dirty when your toilet is in need of repair. If you are having a problem with your toilet, the expert plumbers of Rocket Plumbing can repair your toilet quickly at a time that works with your schedule.
Our skilled Los Angeles emergency plumber has been providing dependable service since 2005 with an unwavering commitment to client satisfaction. Before you start taking apart your toilet, please contact Rocket Plumbing at (323) 992-6477, so you can spend your time more wisely.