Rocket Plumbing in Los Angeles as all of your home’s pipes, drains, and water heaters covered. Our experienced plumbers handle everything from drain repairs to garbage disposal fixes. Or, if your faucets are continuously shooting out cold water, we can take care of that, too! Call a Los Angeles emergency plumber that you can depend on (If your in Los Angeles, call (323) 992-6477)!
There can be several reasons as to why your hot water heater is not putting out the steamy water you expect. With a hot water heater’s average life expectancy at 8-12 years, you may be facing a repair or replacement depending on its age. At Rocket Plumbing, we can quickly diagnose your hot water heater problems as our licensed technicians are expertly trained to assess and repair or replace your hot water heater. Contact us today.
Commons Causes of a Faulty Hot Water Heater
- Incorrect setting: Your hot water can be adjusted to put out a higher temperature of water. However, in some cases, this can be unsafe, such as when children will be turning on the faucets. Before you attempt to adjust your hot water heater settings, please set up an appointment with one of plumbing professionals to be certain you are keeping your family safe from scalding water.
- Tripped breaker or blown fuse: If you suddenly run out of hot water, it may be caused by a tripped breaker or a blown fuse.
- Faulty thermostat: If your water is not as hot as you’d like it or suddenly feels a few degrees cooler, your hot water heater’s thermostat may be in need of replacement. This is a relatively simple and inexpensive repair when you contact Rocket Plumbing.
- Defective heating element: Similar to what you will experience with a faulty thermostat, your water may not be as hot as it used to be, which can signal a defective heating element. This, too, is a fairly easy repair provided you choose a reliable, trustworthy plumbing company to service your hot water heater.
- Pilot light unlit: If you have a gas hot water heater, your pilot light may not be lit. Always contact a plumbing professional when you are believe the pilot light needs to be relit as explosion can occur if you also have a faulty thermocoupler, which is a safety device that turns off the gas when the pilot light goes out.
- Sediment buildup: Over time, sediment can build up in the bottom of your hot water heater causing damage. At Rocket Plumbing, we recommend having sediment removed twice a year to ensure that your hot water heater lasts as long as possible.
- Wear and tear: It may be time to replace your hot water heater due to leaks or age. Trust your hot water heater needs to Rocket Plumbing and we’ll guide you to a unit perfect for your home or office within a budget that works for you.
NOTE: If you are in the greater Los Angeles area and require hot water heater servicing, contact the friendly staff of Rocket Plumbing Santa Monica today for superior service from dependable professionals. Whether you are having an emergency with your hot water heater or need another type of plumbing service, we are ready to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at a time that is most convenient for you. Call us today to discover why Rocket Plumbing is among the elite in the plumbing industry.