Plumbing emergencies can occur without warning, so you must be armed with information about how to tackle a tough situation when it arises. At Rocket Plumbing, we want to be certain our clients have the knowledge needed to protect their home from plumbing disasters. Contact Us in the event of emergency.
Here are 10 things you should know about your home’s plumbing:
- Your water bill can signal a problem. Know your average water bill and pay attention to any deviation from your average water cost that is not explainable.
- The meter on the side of your house can provide useful information. To check for leaks, turn off all the faucets in your house and check if the meter is still reading water usage.
- Excessive water pressure can cause leaks. Ask your utility company to check if your water pressure is at an optimal level.
- Behind your toilet is a shut off valve that you can turn off in the event of an overflow. Be sure you know where it is and how to turn it off.
- Underneath your sinks, there are shut off valves that you can turn off to stop a leak. Also, remember to shut off the water to the sink if you have unscrewed the u-joint underneath to avoid accidentally turning on the faucet and getting soaked.
- Your hot water heater has a water shut off valve that can be turned off to prevent flooding and cessation of water flow to the house in the event of a failure.
- Water can leak from multiple points within and around a washing machine. If the machine starts to leak, shut off the valve located on the wall.
- You can turn off the water going into your house. These shut off valves may be located in various spots, so be certain you know where they are and how to safely shut them off.
- Ignoring the warning signs of a plumbing problem is a big mistake. Be wary of the signs that hint it’s time to call a Rocket Plumbing professional, such as reoccurring clogs, flushing or dripping noises from toilets, water loss in the toilet bowl, screeching when turning on faucets, and malodorous smells from the floor drain or drain field.
- Regular inspection by a respected plumbing company, like Rocket Plumbing, can ensure that your home’s plumbing and septic system is working properly.
When you have a problem with your plumbing system, trust the experts of Rocket Plumbing to fix the plumbing in your home. We are a fully licensed and insured plumbing company ready at a moment’s notice to help get your home back in order. If you are in the greater Los Angeles area and need top quality workmanship at an affordable rate, contact Rocket Plumbing today.